Agent: Anne Williams
Denzil Meyrick is a former policeman who has also worked in business, including a spell as a whisky distillery manager. He is now based near Loch Lomond.
Denzil’s fourth DCI Daley novel, THE RAT STONE SERENADE, was published by Polygon in April, during which month four DCI Daley novels occupied the top four slots on the Kindle eBook Scottish Crime bestseller list. His first novel, WHISKY FROM SMALL GLASSES, was the twelfth bestselling eBook title overall for February.
An e-only Kinloch novella, EMPTY NETS AND PROMISES, was published in June. SINGLE END, an e-only short story featuring a young DI Daley, was published in November. His new DCI Daley novel, WELL OF THE WINDS, will be published by Polygon in April 2017.
THE LAST WITNESS was published at the end of 2015 by Pegasus Publishing in the US. HarperCollins Germany have bought German translation rights to WHISKY FROM SMALL GLASSES, THE LAST WITNESS and TWO, ONE, THREE and will start publishing in 2017.
Praise for Denzil Meyrick:
- "Meyrick's in-depth knowledge of police form, the ability to give even the least important person in the plot some characterisation and not least the skill to tell a good tale, makes this an absorbing and compulsive read" Scots magazine
- "Touches of dark humour, multi-layered and compelling" Daily Record
- "Just the right amount of authenticity ... most memorable" The Herald
- "Engaging and eventful…an unbuttoned sense of humor" Wall Street Journal
- "A cracking, tenacious thriller of a read" Lovereading
- "One of the best-plotted books I have ever read’ CrimeSquad
- "In his creation of DCI Jim Daley [Denzil] has carved a figure destined to join the ranks of outstanding Scottish detectives’ Aberdeen Press and Journal
- "A compelling lead and a satisfyingly twisted plot…a welcome addition to Tartan noir’ Publishers Weekly
His blog is http://thelastwitnesspolygon.blogspot.co.uk
Website copyright © KHLA 2017