Agent: Kate Hordern
Genevieve Taylor is a cookery writer, food stylist, passionate gardener and urban hen-keeper, who writes for Olive and Sainsbury's magazines. She is the author of STEW! (Absolute Press 2011), SOUP! (Absolute Press March 2012), MARSHMALLOW MAGIC (Bantam Press October 2012), A GOOD EGG: A Year of Recipes from an Urban Hen-Keeper (Eden Project Books March 2013), PIE! published by Absolute Press/Bloomsbury on 27 March 2014, and HOW TO EAT OUTSIDE: Fabulous Alfresco Food for BBQs, Picnics, Bonfires and Camping, was published on 18th June 2015 by Bantam Press.
Genevieve’s new book, MASTERCHEF: STREET FOOD OF THE WORLD, written together with Masterchef winners and with stunning photographs by David Loftus, was published by Absolute Press/Bloomsbury on 9th March 2017.
Cooking dinner for Ross Poldark eh? As the Food Stylist on the second TV series of Poldark broadcast in autumn 2016, this is exactly what Genevieve did. Listen to BBC Radio 4’s Food Programme on the subject which Genevieve presented on Sunday 11 September and read the Spectator piece here.
Here is the link to Radio 4’s The Food Programme, celebrating Bristol’s “food hub” status, co-presented by Genevieve: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0783m9w
Genevieve’s book HOW TO EAT OUTSIDE: Fabulous Alfresco Food for BBQs, Picnics, Bonfires and Camping, was published on 18th June 2015 by Bantam Press. At its heart is a set of beautiful, easily achievable recipes that have one premise in mind - food just tastes better eaten outside. Check out this gorgeous Driftwood Paella recipe, and this lead feature, written by Diana Henry, in 6th June's Saturday Telegraph’s Weekend section http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/11652213/Grill-power-why-women-should-be-in-charge-of-the-BBQ.html for a great story and great pics on Grill Power.
Praise for HOW TO EAT OUTSIDE:
- “This lip-smackingly illustrated book contains brilliant yet sensible recipes for all-year al fresco feasting, from picnics and barbecue suppers, to bonfire celebrations, roaring campfire cookouts and wilderness eats” Caroline Sanderson, The Bookseller
- "Genevieve's inventive, simple and delicious recipes will inspire you to abandon your kitchen and head for the hills. This is wild food at its very best." Kate Humble
- "A joyful book, practical but above all delicious - Full of inspiration to head outside and feast." Xanthe Clay, author and Telegraph food columnist
- "Meals are more memorable when eaten outside, FACT! Genevieve’s beautiful book coaxes us out of the kitchen into the great outdoors on an unforgettable, delicious, culinary adventure." Tom Herbert, Fabulous Baker Brothers
- "Inspiring. Great information on everything you need to know about outdoor cooking - you'll be dying to get up a mountain and give it a go. I've ordered my fire pit!" Diana Henry
- "There's nothing better than cooking outside on an open fire - its not just sausages & burgers - and here is a great book full of new ideas. There's even a chilli jam recipe! Now, where are those matches.....?" Cerys Matthews
A GOOD EGG was a Telegraph Book of the Week in May 2013.
Praise for A GOOD EGG:
- “Beautifully written and photographed, it's fast becoming one of my favourites” Top Sante
- “A lyrical cookbook from a recipe raconteur... In a word: eggsultant.” You Magazine
- “A charming book.” Carolyn Hart, Telegraph
Genevieve lives in Bristol with her husband, two children, two dogs, two cats and four hens. Follow Genevieve on Twitter @genevieveeats www.genevievetaylor.co.uk Check out Gen in action with her Beautiful Food video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBI8p-Ryhk
Website copyright © KHLA 2017