Agent: Kate Hordern
Jane Corry is a journalist who has written regularly for numerous newspapers and magazines including the Daily Telegraph Weekend section, the Mail on Sunday, Woman, Woman’s Own, Good Housekeeping and Woman & Home. She spent three years working as the writer-in-residence at a high security prison for men.
Penguin published MY HUSBAND’S WIFE in eBook on 26 May and in paperback on 25 August 2016, and achieved the #5 position on the Sunday Times paperback fiction bestseller list on Sunday 11 September. Translation rights have sold in thirteen languages. Congratulations to Jane on cracking the 100,000 mark of combined print and eBook sales of MY HUSBAND’S WIFE within six months of publication. Jane’s second domestic psychological thriller, BLOOD SISTERS, is published in paperback and eBook by Penguin on 29 June 2017. The American edition of MY HUSBAND’S WIFE was published on 31 January 2017 by Pamela Dorman Books/Viking Penguin:
Praise for US edition of MY HUSBAND’S WIFE:
- “Provocative. . . addictive. . . the book nicely fits into the psychological suspense genre that’s riding a slipstream of popularity, thanks to the success of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train. [A] seemingly unending trove of delicious disasters and deceits.” The Washington Post - You can read the full review here.
- “MY HUSBAND’S WIFE is this winter’s must-read thriller … (it) draws you into its complicated world within the first chapter, and it doesn’t let you go until you’ve turned the final page” Bustle
- “If you loved GONE GIRL and THE TALENTED MR RIPLEY, you’ll love MY HUSBAND’S WIFE … It’s got every thriller’s trifecta: love, marriage, murder.” Parade Magazine
- “Lies fester and multiply, undermining intimate relationships in this psycholgical thriller. Corry's suspenseful debut novel is already a best-seller in the UK and is likely headed for similar success here.” Booklist (starred review).
- “A devilishly devious U.S. debut. . . this swiftly moving psychological thriller offers surprises right up to the finish.” Publishers Weekly.
Praise for UK Edition of MY HUSBAND’S WIFE:
- “Brilliant, original and complex, with a dark triangle at its center. A compelling thriller that kept me turning the pages until the end.” B. A. Paris, New York Times bestselling author of BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
- “A tense, taut, twisty slice of domestic suspense” Red
- “This complex pacey thriller moves between the worlds of art and law” Prima
- “A winning novel [that] relishes twists” Sunday Times
- “An intriguing premise which leads to a rollercoaster of dramatic twists that keep you guessing. Suspenseful and chilling.” Elizabeth Haynes, author of INTO THE DARKEST CORNER
- “A dark and gripping thriller that vibrates with tension … a must-read for thriller lovers” Kate Furnivall
- “A rollercoaster of suspense and intrigue” Rosanna Ley
- “The two strong women characters and the twists and turns of the plot will keep you on the edge of your seat right through to the surprising and shocking ending.” Mavis Cheek
- “This engaging page-turner kept me guessing till the very end” Katerina Diamond, author of THE TEACHER
- “I have been thoroughly immersed in this wonderful and engaging novel...full of unexpected twists I didn't see coming!” Luana Lewis, author of DON’T STAND SO CLOSE
- “MY HUSBAND’S WIFE had me gripped from the first page to the last” Ava Marsh, author of UNTOUCHABLE
- “Pick up this book and you won’t be able to put it down” Sandra Howard
- “Absorbing and unpredictable, with characters you’ll love or loathe...My Husband's Wife is a blockbuster of a psychological thriller.” Mark Edwards, author of BECAUSE SHE LOVES ME
- “A fantastic and powerful novel of heart-pounding suspense, expertly written to draw the reader in and never let go!” Kathryn Croft, author of THE GIRL YOU LOST
- “Gripping and compelling, MY HUSBAND’S WIFE is a fascinating tale that you will think about long after turning the final page.” Rowan Coleman
- “MY HUSBAND’S WIFE is a thrilling page-turner that chronicles the nightmarish dynamics within a marriage.” Sarah Ward
- “Corry has written a very impressive debut. I couldn't put it down!” LJ Ross
- “A compelling thriller! I thoroughly enjoyed every fast turning page.” Vanessa Ronan, author of THE LAST DAYS OF SUMMER
- “A gripping page turner that twists and turns right until the very end.” Catherine Alliott
Website copyright © KHLA 2017