Agent: Kate Hordern
Jeff Dawson’s debut novel, NO ORDINARY KILLING, a crime novel set during the Boer War and featuring army doctor Ingo Finch and Australian nurse Annie Jones, was published by Endeavour Press on 19 March 2017. Jeff is the author of QUENTIN TARANTINO: The Cinema of Cool (Cassell 1995), BACK HOME: England and the 1970 World Cup (Orion 2001) and DEAD RECKONING: The Dunedin Star Disaster (Weidenfeld & Nicolson 2005).
Praise for DEAD RECKONING, which was nominated for the Desmond Wettern Media Award:
- “… touching and hilarious in equal measure, a story of determination and a slightly embarrassed, very English kind of bravery. Dawson’s recreation of events is a sensitive blending of archival work, interviews and imaginative projection, and a thrilling testament to a remarkable group of people.” Observer
- “Dawson draws from the written testimony of those involved and speaks to the only two survivors still alive to deliver a lively, pacy read” Good Book Guide
- “Jeff Dawson’s lively account of their struggle to survive often reads like a novel” Sunday Times
Praise for BACK HOME:
- “Truly outstanding” The Times
- “Great occasion, great book” Time Out
- “Richly evocative” Independent
- “Thirty years of hurt (and counting) kick off here” GQ
BACK HOME was serialised in The Times and reached the top five in the Sportspages bestseller list.
Jeff Dawson is a freelance journalist in the field of popular culture, and writes regularly for the Sunday Times. He is married with two children and lives in St Albans.
Website copyright © KHLA 2017